Stop superstition for 8 or any other numbers!

Alles rund um Olympia 2008 in Peking - Sport, Sportpolitik, Wirtschaftsnachrichten rund um Olympia, Olympiahelfer usw.
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Re: Stop superstition for 8 or any other numbers!

Beitrag von a_gambler »

ferrara hat geschrieben:is it important now?
is it important at all?
What do you think is important here in this forum?
ferrara
Old China Hand
Old China Hand

Beitrag von ferrara »

nothing actually. but what you said is the least important thing of the world.
Innere Ruhe bewahren.
ferrara, der weiterhin für große signaturen steht.
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von a_gambler »

ferrara hat geschrieben:nothing actually. but what you said is the least important thing of the world.
Wow. That sounds no 面子. :oops:
ferrara
Old China Hand
Old China Hand

Beitrag von ferrara »

take it easy.
it was a superstition, but it´s now a chinese tradition. you don´t need to akzept it. but please respect it.
Innere Ruhe bewahren.
ferrara, der weiterhin für große signaturen steht.
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von a_gambler »

ferrara hat geschrieben:take it easy.
it was a superstition, but it´s now a chinese tradition. you don´t need to akzept it. but please respect it.
No, I don't think that superstition and 庸俗 are supposed to be respected.
Dennis (CDS)
VIP
VIP

Beitrag von Dennis (CDS) »

See it like this: As far as I can remember the Summer Olympics always started on a Friday. So, if this years August 8th coincidentally wasn't on a Friday this discussion would have never started. August 8th also stands for 爸爸節, the Chinese Fathers Day, is that superstition, too? I think it's an ingenious connection between language and tradition.

So right now take a moment to think about it: The Summer Games will start on a cozy Friday evening on Chinese Fathers Day in the year 2008, I don't know about China, but in Taiwan it's a big family day. There is also a lot of conicidence about the date....how could someone predict that China will host the Summer Olympics in the year 2008 and I don't think that Pope Gregory XIII in 1582 took great care that August 8th of 2008 will be on a Friday. :lol:

Thus, I think you see a lot more superstition in something which is more based on conincidence and in that way just "fits" into the local culture. And I deeply believe in the fact that Chinese officials also would propagate "the best games ever" on any other date than the given one. :wink:
Shaolin
VIP
VIP

Beitrag von Shaolin »

a_gambler hat geschrieben:2008 wasn't proved to be a lucky year. 2008-8-8, what a vulgar choice! Sad for China being deeply influenced by such stupid superstition. :|

择日不如撞日,彻底破除迷信!
What about the thousands of couples worldwide having choosen 2008-08-08 for their wedding day? Stupid superstition too?
* Es gibt Reis, Baby!
gonar
Forumexperte
Forumexperte

Beitrag von gonar »

Shaolin hat geschrieben:
a_gambler hat geschrieben:2008 wasn't proved to be a lucky year. 2008-8-8, what a vulgar choice! Sad for China being deeply influenced by such stupid superstition. :|

择日不如撞日,彻底破除迷信!
What about the thousands of couples worldwide having choosen 2008-08-08 for their wedding day? Stupid superstition too?
Absolutely!
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von a_gambler »

Shaolin hat geschrieben: What about the thousands of couples worldwide having choosen 2008-08-08 for their wedding day? Stupid superstition too?
If the date of 2008-08-08 really was intentively chosen to be related to 发 by the Chinese govenment (or on its demand), I would say it's something that a COUNTRY's CENTRAL govenment was not supposed to do. But it's OK for me if some ordinary people like it or select it just for some good luck.
mistervac
Old China Hand
Old China Hand

Beitrag von mistervac »

actually the different ways of spectating that topic is a special way of anthropocentrical thinking - a bad manner that has been accompanying mankind through all times and places of history.

"Take a look at yourself and you can look at others differently" is the refrain of a favourite song and this is what we should remember.

don´t we "believe" in the "Glückspfennig", the chimmney man, feel bad about friday, the 13th ??

mistervac, whos neighbour married his wife at 8th Aiugust 1988, they are still a happy couple..
bossel
VIP
VIP

Beitrag von bossel »

mistervac hat geschrieben:don´t we "believe" in the "Glückspfennig", the chimmney man, feel bad about friday, the 13th ??
Man kann an solchen Kram glauben, & es dennoch für Schwachsinn halten. Selbstkritik ist nicht unmöglich. Daß ich einen Glücks-Mao in der Hosentasche habe, heißt nicht, daß ich das für vernünftig halte. Es ist hirnrissig, aber, naja ...
Shaolin
VIP
VIP

Beitrag von Shaolin »

a_gambler hat geschrieben: If the date of 2008-08-08 really was intentively chosen to be related to 发 by the Chinese govenment (or on its demand), I would say it's something that a COUNTRY's CENTRAL govenment was not supposed to do. But it's OK for me if some ordinary people like it or select it just for some good luck.
Why not? It's part of the culture, the ordinary people believe in the "lucky" 8 - why should the official organizers ignore such habbit and (as the timing in summer fits perfectly) not make use of it?
* Es gibt Reis, Baby!
HK_Yan
VIP
VIP

Beitrag von HK_Yan »

Shaolin hat geschrieben:What about the thousands of couples worldwide having chosen 2008-08-08 for their wedding day? Stupid superstition too?
No, that really works. If you look at the divorce statistics you will see that the divorce rate of couples that marry in August is much lower then any other month. In china, there is not ONE SINGLE divorce for couples that married on either 8.08.1988 or 08.08.1998, other then people from 潮州, because their lucky number is 4.

PS: Das ist alles Blödsinn und frei erfunden
Online deutsches TV aufnehmen mit dem Online Videorecorder! 40 Sender und kostenlos!

www.onlinetvrecorder.com
Dennis (CDS)
VIP
VIP

Beitrag von Dennis (CDS) »

HK_Yan hat geschrieben:PS: Das ist alles Blödsinn und frei erfunden
Aber wir sagens keinem. ;)
de guo xiong
VIP
VIP
Danksagung erhalten: 7 Mal

Beitrag von de guo xiong »

HK_Yan hat geschrieben:PS: Das ist alles Blödsinn und frei erfunden
ich glaub, ich sollt mal wieder zum Augenarzt ;)
To the world you maybe one person,
but to one you maybe the world!!
Antworten