Stop superstition for 8 or any other numbers!

Alles rund um Olympia 2008 in Peking - Sport, Sportpolitik, Wirtschaftsnachrichten rund um Olympia, Olympiahelfer usw.
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Stop superstition for 8 or any other numbers!

Beitrag von a_gambler »

2008 wasn't proved to be a lucky year. 2008-8-8, what a vulgar choice! Sad for China being deeply influenced by such stupid superstition. :|

择日不如撞日,彻底破除迷信!
Dennis (CDS)
VIP
VIP

Re: Stop superstition for 8 or any other numbers!

Beitrag von Dennis (CDS) »

Is it in any way worth to discuss about it? Not chosing a certain date is the same superstition than chosing a certain date. The Olympic Games, according to the regular cycle, would have been held in 2008 anyway. Do you really want to blame the officials for setting the date 3 months before a random hitting earthquake? What kind of freaky superstition is that by the way??
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von a_gambler »

Dennis (CDS) hat geschrieben:Is it in any way worth to discuss about it? Not chosing a certain date is the same superstition than chosing a certain date. The Olympic Games, according to the regular cycle, would have been held in 2008 anyway. Do you really want to blame the officials for setting the date 3 months before a random hitting earthquake? What kind of freaky superstition is that by the way??
No, they are not the same. Not chosing a certain date implies 顺其自然 (deciding, practising anything based on the rules of the nature and reality). Any day in the summer of 2008 could be set as the first day of the game as long as everything was to be prepared by then. And I don't think this is any kind of superstition.

I don't hate those who chose 2008-8-8. But I don't like them. Such an important date was chosen only based on some superstion. I personally think it was ridiculous and reflected the vulgarism and unwisedom of Chinese nowadays. :|
TaugeNix

Beitrag von TaugeNix »

a_gambler hat geschrieben: I don't hate those who chose 2008-8-8. But I don't like them. Such an important date was chosen only based on some superstion. I personally think it was ridiculous and reflected the vulgarism and unwisedom of Chinese nowadays. :|
I couldn't disagree more. First: the summergames in Beijing in july? Gosh, I say better in october if there is a choice. However:
The number 8 has since ages a mystified meaning to many generations of chinese people. Which date in the year 08 would be better than 08-08-08, 08.08am since the eight has such a strong meaning?!

But it seems there are (like here in Germany) people who can critisize everybody and everything.
Do you know the german word "Nörgler"?

Greetings,
TaugeNix^wouldn't choose a random date..
chinavelo
VIP
VIP
Danksagung erhalten: 1 Mal

Beitrag von chinavelo »

TaugeNix hat geschrieben:08-08-08, 08.08am
I think pm is correct!

Bernd
TaugeNix

Beitrag von TaugeNix »

chinavelo hat geschrieben:
TaugeNix hat geschrieben:08-08-08, 08.08am
I think pm is correct!

Bernd
Hoppla.. :oops:
Ya, could be ;)

Gruss,
TaugeNix^is just an early bird :lol:
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von a_gambler »

TaugeNix hat geschrieben: The number 8 has since ages a mystified meaning to many generations of chinese people. Which date in the year 08 would be better than 08-08-08, 08.08am since the eight has such a strong meaning?!
TaugeNix^wouldn't choose a random date..
As I know 8 in some southern China dialects is pronounced the same as 发 meaning making funture. That's why 8 is especially loved by some people. But do you really make funtune just because you use 8 everywhere? Actually some people (including me) just don't like this culture and they think it's full of 俗气 and superstition.

If you are really good at Chinese, I can find you dozens of comments against the special favor for 8 from Chinese forums.
TaugeNix

Beitrag von TaugeNix »

a_gambler hat geschrieben: If you are really good at Chinese, I can find you dozens of comments against the favor of 8 from the many Chinese forums.
First: I am not good at chinese. And it doesn't really matter.
IF you're against this number - don't use it. It has no meaning to you.
But why the heck you can't other people have it as a symbol?! There's no need to blame those people. They surely didn't coz the troubles of the torch, the earthquake or whatever.
You call it vulgar, some might call it mystified tradition.

I think what you're doing is having superstition, and actually a strange one ;)

TaugeNix
:roll:
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von a_gambler »

TaugeNix hat geschrieben:
a_gambler hat geschrieben: If you are really good at Chinese, I can find you dozens of comments against the favor of 8 from the many Chinese forums.
First: I am not good at chinese. And it doesn't really matter.
IF you're against this number - don't use it. It has no meaning to you.
But why the heck you can't other people have it as a symbol?! There's no need to blame those people. They surely didn't coz the troubles of the torch, the earthquake or whatever.
You call it vulgar, some might call it mystified tradition.

I think what you're doing is having superstition, and actually a strange one ;)

TaugeNix
I don't think it's a big deal to criticise or to be criticised. It's Ok for me to hear something like "I can't believe you Asians eat dogs, they are human's best friends, bla bla". I prefer hearing something I don't like than hearing nothing at all.

And I didn't ever mean that the choice of 2008-8-8 had brought misfortune. Where the hell was my superstition?
gonar
Forumexperte
Forumexperte

Beitrag von gonar »

Nowadays it's really ridiculous if somebody is still superstitious....

Who cares if the olympic games start the 4th, 7th or 8th in August?

Do you really think the start date of the olympic games gives China a mandate of heaven or some kind of divine grace?

Unbelieveable.....this is really childish
TaugeNix

Beitrag von TaugeNix »

gonar hat geschrieben:Nowadays it's really ridiculous if somebody is still superstitious....

Do you really think the start date of the olympic games gives China a mandate of heaven or some kind of divine grace?

:shock:

Dunno who you're talking to..
If you talk to me: never said something like that.
I find it ridiculous if somebody blames people for being superstitious - or traditional and beliving.
Just think about it: if there are some people believing in the number 8 why not using a date like 08.08.08, 08.08pm?! Maybe it's based not only on superstitious grounds but also due the fact that it's a remarkable date for a remarkable summergame. Everbody can tell you exactly when the summergames will start - thought about that?

I for myself am not superstitious or believing at all. But what's wrong with it?!

gonar
Forumexperte
Forumexperte

Beitrag von gonar »

TaugeNix hat geschrieben:
gonar hat geschrieben:Nowadays it's really ridiculous if somebody is still superstitious....

:shock:

Dunno who you're talking to..
If you talk to me: never said something like that.
I find it ridiculous if somebody blames people for being superstitious - or traditional and beliving.
Just think about it: if there are some people believing in the number 8 why not using a date like 08.08.08, 08.08pm?! Maybe it's based not only on superstitious grounds but also due the fact that it's a remarkable date for a remarkable summergame. Everbody can tell you exactly when the summergames will start - thought about that?

I for myself am not superstitious or believing at all. But what's wrong with it?!

I speak generally to everybody who thinks, that the luck was leased for the olmpic games by making this choice for the start date.

I'm sorry, I don't know you and I don't much about your attitude and your personal habbits. I didn't want tp attack you. I only know that the chinese government tries to consolidate their strict regulations by playing with the feelings and superstitious of the people....this is the point and this is really ridiculous in my opinion...it's just a date guys and not worth all the discussions.

Sorry for the confusion....I don't want to participate on this discussion anymore
a_gambler
Stammgast
Stammgast

Beitrag von a_gambler »

In fact, I can shut up. But still, I don't like it. Just like I don't like people who always speak bad words. I simply won't feel comfortable to stay with a group of those even though they have never been at me. :|
ferrara
Old China Hand
Old China Hand

Beitrag von ferrara »

is it important now?
is it important at all?
Innere Ruhe bewahren.
ferrara, der weiterhin für große signaturen steht.
TaugeNix

Beitrag von TaugeNix »

ferrara hat geschrieben:is it important now?
is it important at all?
No.

Greetings,
TaugeNix^88
Antworten